Benefits of Microneedling
There are a number of amazing benefits of microneedling.
- Improves fine lines and deeper wrinkles
- Reduces acne scars
- Softens stretch marks
- Evens skin tone
- Lightens hyperpigmentation and sun spots
- Reduces appearance of pores
- Firms and smooths skin texture
- Heals scars
- Reduces broken capillaries and spider veins
- Brings back the glow for fresher, younger-looking skin
Microneedling offers amazing benefits to getting and keeping your skin beautiful, but like any good skin procedure there are important aftercare instructions that you will need to follow to get the most out of your skincare treatment.
Since microneedling creates micro wounds in the skin, patients cannot return to their normal skincare routines right away. In fact, immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a mild to moderate sunburn, and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. Keep in mind, these effects are normal and they typically subside within a few hours after treatment, but can take up to 24-48 hours for complete resolution.
Don’t worry: your skin professional will discuss post-procedure skincare following the treatment to help soothe, calm, and protect the skin. Continue to treat the skin gently for three days after microneedling, and you may resume your normal skincare routine after day three post-treatment.
Our Recommendation at WIFH for the Best Microneedling Aftercare:
- CLEAN – Use a gentle cleanser and tepid water to cleanse the face for 72 hours post-treatment, and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area, and do not use a Clarisonic or other powered cleansing brushes for at least one week after your treatment.
- HEAL – We recommend serum antioxidants post-treatment, as its properties are ideal to help heal the skin by soothing and lessening irritation.
- HYDRATE – Following your treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient you can use to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen-stimulating peptides are ideal to maximize the effects of the stimulation already started by the microneedling.
- MAKEUP – We recommend you do not apply makeup for 24 to 72 hours after the procedure. In addition, do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if the brush is not clean.
- PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, your skin professional will apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB, SPF 25 or greater sunscreen to your skin. We recommend a chemical-free sunscreen. Keep in mind that you should continue to use a sunscreen everyday—not only the days following your procedure—as part of your skincare routine to protect your skin from sun damage and premature aging.
Additional Microneedling Aftercare Precautions
- To ensure the proper healing environment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) scrubs or anything perceived as “active” skincare for one week post treatment.
- Do not use any powered cleansing brushes like Clarisonic for one week post treatment.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 72 hours.
- No tanning beds.
- Always wear sunscreen.
- Do not go swimming for at least 72 hours post-treatment.
- Do not exercise or participate in strenuous activity for the first 72 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments in general are harmful and filled with bacteria, which may cause adverse reactions in your skin.
Am I a candidate?
Microneedling is safe for all skin types and can be used to treat specific skin concerns, but it is also perfect for preventative and overall improvement of your skin’s health. Honestly, anyone who is interested in having beautiful, radiant skin is a candidate for this procedure.
At your consultation we will listen to the goals that you have for your skin and together come up with a treatment plan that is right for you.
Does it hurt?
The first question we usually get asked is, does it hurt? With needle being in the name it’s understandable this would be a concern. The answer is NO, microneedling does not hurt. Prior to your treatment a compounded numbing cream will be applied. We allow this to work for 1 hour. This ensures a painless treatment. We don’t believe beauty has to be painful.
How Microneedling Works:
Microneedling uses a handheld device that uses a tip with 9 microscopic needles to create thousands of micro-channels in the skin. This triggers the skins wound healing response, and your body naturally starts producing new tissue which will transform into collagen fibers.
Because we are making tiny punctures in the skin that is the best time to deliver products into the skin. During your treatment, we will apply a serum containing a high concentration of natural growth factors the skin. These growth factors help to speed up and increase collagen and elastin production.
When will I see results?
This process doesn’t take place overnight and a series of treatments is recommended for best results. Within two weeks following treatment most patients notice that their skin feels firmer, looks healthier and glows. After two to three months those new collagen fibers will begin to fill depressed scars and wrinkles, and thicken and strengthen thin delicate skin. Whether you’re looking to erase stretch marks, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, or you just want to rejuvenate your skin to make it look plumper and smoother, Rejuvapen is an amazing treatment that offers stunning, permanent results.
Are there any side effects?
Following your treatment you may have some mild redness in the skin. We recommend not engaging in vigorous exercise following your treatment. It is also recommended not to wear make up for 24 hours following treatment.
Single Session – $150.00
Package of 4 – $600 Includes a post-procedure skincare kit ($100 value)
Spend $1,000 or more and enjoy 20% off Skin Care Products for life. This offer cannot be combined with other offers. Huge savings on packages. See our monthly specials.